HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moto17

HELP! 450f Burbling and popping

7 posts in this topic

I need help with a 03 450f that is burbling, coughing and popping at around the half throttle range. WHen you are riding it as soon as you start to cut back on the throttle she starts to sputter pop and cut out. It has a Pro Circuit header pipe and Ti 4 silencer, Main jet was a 165 tried a 172 that didnt help, it has a 42 pilot, the needle was in the stock clip postion tried one higher and then one lower. I checked the accelarator pump timing and it is good.

PLease help this getting to be vary annouying going up to doubles.

Try a new spark plug. My bike was doing the same thing and jetting changes didn't seem to help. When I put a new plug in and went back to my original jetting settings she ran like a champ. :thumbsup:

Thanks i will try the plug.

The The pilot air screw i checked and it is at stock?

Just to let you guys know i got it running crisp again :thumbsup:

it was the throttle position sensor cannon plug. Cleaned it and resecured it, now its good