HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4-StrokeMan

Coolant Help

7 posts in this topic

I have heard of some kind of coolant called Redline or something that is supposed to cool your motor 15 or so extra degrees. Has anyone heard of such a product or used anything similar? If so could you tell a difference in your bike? Was is worth the cash? I am sure it is more expensive.

I just put 2 capfuls of water wetter in my bike and it is actually a noticeable difference.

My leg on the pipe side used to get very uncomfortable from heat and now it is fine. Trust me, I ride in 115 degree heat so I know it works. :)

I tried Water Wetter alone with the water and no coolant and can't say it works well as my bike was puffing out of the radiator overflow very quickly after a few minutes of idling/slow riding (I know, they tend to overheat while idling but it still seemed rather quick). I think you still need to add coolant to raise the boiling point before the water wetter will have a chance to work. The chemistry behind it makes perfect sense.