What are the ages of riders in this Forum???

Started on the downhill side of 40. A couple of years ago I bought a little Hodie 100 to take camping. Found it cheaper to buy whole bikes than parts and before I know it I had over 30 bikes! Bought all the ones I couldn't talk my folks into as a kid. Hey Bobwombat, did you come to my garage sale?

It is good for us all to refuse to show or act our age. My wife shakes her head when we go somewhere and I end up sitting with the high school kids rather than the adults.

Remember, you don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding! But I do have to work on Monday so it's always in the back of your mind when you think of taking chances isn't it?

------------------

Mcarp

Keep the rubber side down on that R6, I broke my shoulder and colapsed a lung on my XJ 600 back in 94, that street stuff is dangerous :) . I had a KLR 250 too, it was an 86. My how far the thumpers have come since then.

39.5 going on 24

44 in September. Started riding at age 11.

Yeah Ga426owner, whatever! I've been 39.5 for over a year now!

I too started counting in decimals when I was 39. In fact, I'm still doing so. I'm at 39 + (21/12). For those of you under 40, age math gets more complicated when you pass 40.

:)

Bryan...

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 06-06-2001).]

24, and start to road at 21.

50 and been riding for 33 years. My WR has me more excited about riding than ever. Can't wait to see what's available when I'm 60.

----------------------

HP

right now

99 WR400

90 KDX200

86 XR80

74 Bultaco Sherpa T 350

Actually between you guys and me,I feel like I'm 16 again! :)

Dennis

Jeez, I can't believe that I am almost 5 years older than the average age of all the posts.

I can remember when I was 10-15 years younger than the average age of everything that I liked to do.

What really sucks in my opinion is the fact that I could not afford to do all the things that I now love when i was young, but now I can afford them and I am getting to old.

Somehow this seems like some cruel trick

39, with ACL surgery last year and one freshly broken collar bone last week.. I did finish the enduro though... love my WR.

mark

39 (really!).

Which coincidentally is the same number of hairs left on my head.

Cueball

I think im 28? I already lost track!

Im 16, I normally post on the YZ side but saw 91 posts on this topic and decided to come see how old everyone is! Looks like im the 2nd youngest on the WR side! I have been riding since I was 10yrs old! I do 99% MX and SX! And have only had 2 broken arms and 1 concussion! LOL.

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

motoman,

I hope they were not at the same time! If so PLEASE don't tell us who wiped for you.

Nick

Moto

The reason they can ride like that at 16 is because they don't have to worry about such things! Mom and Dad will take care. No offense, I would do the same for my kids. But if I broke both arms now, my wife would simply place me in the garage and leave me to my own devices to solve such problems. That is assuming she couldn't get the doctor to euthanize me rather than cast the arms!

Originally posted by npuza:

motoman,

I hope they were not at the same time! If so PLEASE don't tell us who wiped for you.

Nick

------------------

Rich aka "hodaphile"

'96 KTM 300 EXC (D/S)

'87 Suzuki LT250R Glamis pimp machine- Chrome!

Too many Hodakas to count

http://communities.msn.com/richsmidlifecrisis

28, married, two kids and a dog. Again, hats off to the 40+ age group that can still hang on to the WR under power!

1st: Infamous ATC 90 / 110 / 200E

2nd: Honda Z50 ('77)

3rd: Honda XR100 ('81)

4th: KDX 200 ('85)

5th: XR250R ('86)

6th: KX 500 ('95)

7th: XR600R ('94)

8th: WR400F ('98)

Favorites: WR, with a close second to the XR250 in the mountains of Southern Colorado.

In my spare time, in order to make a living to support my family and my habits, I fly jets for the Navy in Jacksonville, Fl.

------------------

'98 WR400, S-3B Viking

Butta,

Does Calico Jacks still exist in Jax? Loved Tuesdays and quarter beer night there. Oh, when I was young (29)... I dearly loved Florida. Of all the states I have lived MN,IL,FL,NY,CT,CA,GA,PA,NH,SC, Florida had by far the best looking women. What a state!! :)

npuza,

Yeah I did break both of my arms at the same time! I wrecked on a 130ft tabletop and snapped both of my forearms :) ! About the wiping of my @$$...the casts only went up to about 2 inches before my elbow so I could move rather freely! I wont go into details because I might offend someone LOL...take a look at the YZ426 board it is more like a "flame board" because someone offended someone! Bunch of nagging if you ask me! Later,

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

Maybe you misread it...married with two kids.

I don't get out like I used to. Have to live vicariously through my single friends, but they are all pretty depressed about the local area compared to San Diego (which is where we all spent a year before coming here). Anyway, the beaches are always a good show.....LOL

Originally posted by NH Kevin:

Butta,

Does Calico Jacks still exist in Jax? Loved Tuesdays and quarter beer night there. Oh, when I was young (29)... I dearly loved Florida. Of all the states I have lived MN,IL,FL,NY,CT,CA,GA,PA,NH,SC, Florida had by far the best looking women. What a state!! :)

I'm feelin a little out of place here being 17 years old. LOL