Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdd6405

Fully built YZF440 motor-whats it worth?

16 posts in this topic

i'm gonna sell my 02 yz426 motor. its a 440cc displacement, port and polish, full wiseco clutch setup (basket,pressure plate etc), dr d wet sump kit, high compression. everythign from the CRANK up was new about 20 hours ago. selling with the carb and electrics.

whats it worth? if your interested in it email td6405@yahoo.com

But that price was before the YFZ450 4 wheeler. People were buying those engines to convert 4 wheelers to race in the 4 stroke class. Hell guys were buying whole bikes just to make 4 wheelers out of. My guess is between $700 and $1000. Thats just a guess! Good luck.

well i know its still worth alot more than a stock motor. i see the stock motors goin for $700-$1000 and theres alot of work done to this motor.

My only question is who did the work and what was their qualifications?

I wouldn't give $10 for a motor I rebuilt... :thumbsup:

Personally, if I was in need, I'd buy a used stocker before one that has been rebuilt.

yeah i would say most people would buy a stock motor over a"built" motor especially if they cant verify the work.besides stock is hard to beat as far as reliability goes,you could get $1200 or so from the right person,good luck :thumbsup:

the motor was professionally built by Exodus Cycles for a quad. they are very big in the quad scene.

I just bought a complete 03 450 engine for $895.00

eek2.gif now thats just crazy talk!

I know this is a good engine :thumbsup:Check the listing in the "Used Bikes For Sale"

2001 YZF 426 with 459cc Engine

no it ran! lucky bastard lol . i wish i would have seen that ebay auction when it was goin.

no it ran! lucky bastard lol . i wish i would have seen that ebay auction when it was goin.

still interested in trading?