HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strokerfan

2003 WR450FR ?

3 posts in this topic

Most of my motorcycle background is riding Ducati 's around race-tracks. I have recently discovered trail riding and absolutely love it (the poor DUC is gathering dust)! I recently traded my XR400R on a barely used 2003 WR450. When the previous owner mailed the manual to me yesterday, I noticed the model number is WR450FR . Is this "R" common to all US models, or does the "R" imply differences from the 450F (local Honda dealer doesn't know)?

The reason I ask is because I would like to do several of the performance mods (I have the larger pipe opening, and plan to do airbox, grey-wire, and jetting mod's..."04 starter upgrade also), but do not know if the difference (if any) will affect my approach. Thanks for lending advice to a new WR fan!

That is the true full model name for our bikes but they are all just called WR450F in the riding world. :thumbsup:

Actually the 'R' represents the model year '03. The '04 is a model WR450FS.