HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoctorRzed

How do I set my forks?

11 posts in this topic

How do I set my forks? They were just revalved by procircut. I weigh around 180-185lbs. The forks are still bottoming out a bit. Could I just put 5mm of oil in my forks? will that help?

I would add a couple clicks of compression to see if that helps first, since it that is a little easier.

Pavelkod,

All forks will bottom with enough force, but I'll have to assume what you are talking about is too far from the norm.

It's possible that during shipment that one or both of the forks lost their bleed - meaning that they sat upside down for so long that air has entered back into the cartridge.

You could remove the fork, then the springs, then work the compression rod up and down and perhaps check for resistance and/or bring them back to life.

Other than that, of course make sure your bleedscrews are in and tight, and that there is enough oil in each fork (assuming that they provided that).

I'm assuming of course that you have had this problem since you took delivery of the forks.

And yes, calling them is also a very good idea.

Let us know what you find.

DaveJ

Whell I put 5mm of 5wt fork oil in and then I was able to soften the compression and not bottom out!!! :)

Revalved by ProCircuit.......but revalved for what? Motocross, woodsriding, what about rider ability A, B, C level, rider weight etc... Also what oil level did they fill to? You really have several issues to ask them about....did they modify the existing valve stack or replace with Gold valves or what.....call Procircuit to get this info, you paid them I assume for the work, this is very important info that you should have & record.