Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff_Bailey

450F Plastic on a 426

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if it will be possible to adapt the 45f Plastic and seat to a 426 chassis? It looks so much nicer, and a little slimmer.. ?

No way.. hehe... I definitly think the new 03 look is slick. The WR actually looks great too. I just would like to know if the airbox, side panels, tank and shrouds fit. Is the frame the same?

I don't think the frame is the same, and if it was, I doubt everything would fit.

Why don't you just get the 03, then everyone will be happy!! :):D

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: RedRider110 ]

Believe me a WR450 is in the works, but see, so is a new house, Maybe a Move to Arizona, Wedding, WR250F for the fiance, and hopefully another business. So... lol.. I'm going to be broke for a while, and I'd love to revive the look of the 'ol 426, while I deal with everything else. If Yamaha wouldn't have dropped the E-start and made the WR look so damn good I would have planned on keeping the YZ426 for a long time, but.... Them darn marketing guru's got to me again.. haha. :-) I've also realized that I really enjoy hauling A$$ through the woods allot more than getting passed by 13 year old 80 pro's .. hehe..

:)

Have you given any thought to the yellow plastic and graphics for your 02 sled? I saw one the other day at the track, very cool looking!! I'm hoping it will be available for the 03

Absolutely! I just saw a '02 YZ125 at the local dealer done in the yellow "Hannah" look. It looked pretty sweet.