HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjk

exhaust?

6 posts in this topic

I have a 99 WR400, and I was wondering is there a gasket of some sort between the header pipe and the muffler side, where the connection is made with the clamp? The reason I ask is mine leaks at that point. I've tightened the clamp but it still leaks..... :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention I have the stock header pipe, with a White Bros E series silencer......

Yes there is a gasket. If it leaks you may find alot of backfiring when you get back on the throttle. Although your bike is a 99', TTr's dread backfires. WR Dave. :thumbsup:

Will a leak like this rob the bike of power or is it insignificant?

Match that WB silencer to a WB tapered head pipe and you wont need a gasket plus you'll gain significant low and midrange power...

yeah there is a gasket between the two, its better to replace it or you get a lot of popping on deceleration. i had the same problem on my bike, the yamaha part costs around $20 in OZ