HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gloft

Need recommendation on a replacement headlight

7 posts in this topic

Got roosted a lot this weekend overtaking slower riders at a DS event and noticed my headlight took the brunt of it. Looks like the OEM replacements are not cheap either. In fact, it looks like I can replace the whole headlight assembly with an Acerbis unit for less money than the OEM light itself. Anyone else been down this road? I'd like to find a replacement made of something besides glass. Any suggestions/experiences are much appreciated :thumbsup:

I put on an acerbis diamond unit after my original bit the dust. Oem was $107.00 just for the bulb assy. so I went with the acerbis complete unit for $119.00 can. It has two floods and a pencil beam and is very bright. It also has replaceable plastic lens covers very tough, and you can get different colours.

i'm very happy with mine

Todd :thumbsup::awww:

:lol:

If you want to stay with the stock headlight they appear on ebay quite often. They usually go for less than $75 and often much less.

I put on an acerbis diamond unit after my original bit the dust. Oem was $107.00 just for the bulb assy. so I went with the acerbis complete unit for $119.00 can. It has two floods and a pencil beam and is very bright. It also has replaceable plastic lens covers very tough, and you can get different colours.

i'm very happy with mine

Any problem with the fit on these Acerbis units? Saw one on Motorcycle Superstore yesterday, but the description said "fits most bikes". That makes me nervous. :thumbsup:

No problem with the fit, the acerbis unit attaches with rubber straps that go around the fork tubes.

The only modification you have to do is remove the old wire connection and put on the one supplied , very simple installation.

Todd :lol::thumbsup:

:awww:

Anyone using the Baja Designes OEM replacement light? I'm leaning towards it since it appears to illuminate better than stock and it's DOT approved :thumbsup: