HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hokie

Shoulder Surgery = Season Over

8 posts in this topic

Well,

I dislocated my shoulder for the 4th time on Tuesday at Berthoud. Not even a bad crash, just a lowside in a corner and bumped my shoulder on the ground and out it popped. I just got back from the ortho and it is surgery time on July 19th.

4 months to total recovery, season over.

At least I'll be ready for ski season.

Now I have a dilemma:

Sell the '01 426 now and get something else in the spring, or just keep it???

ouch, thats gotta hurt. :) my shoulder pops in and out sometimes when playing basketball and it hurts really bad and shocks me but it goes right back in. but back to your dilemma, sell it because your not gonna be able to ride it for awhile, then when you do get back in it you're gonna have a new one, and who doesnt like new stuff?!?! :D

I say three months before you can ride (if you have surgery).

sell the bike! you know you want that 03 model :)

Dude, Hokie, you were supposed to wait until we did some trail riding before you hurt yourself again :D .....

That bits dude, I wish a quick recovery for you. I'm kinda the same way, both of my shoulders pop out whenever they want, grabing a cup of coffee, POP, reaching behind me, POP, sucks for sure. Same thing as thumper4life, very unstable shoulder sockets. I'm going to wait on surgery for a while yet, suppose until it gets to bad.

Hey, at least you've got the other arm to raise those Mt Sun pints :):D ....awwww yeah!

Spirts up dude, we'll have you racing around us soon enough......

Late

Dodger :D:D

Originally posted by Dodger:

Dude, Hokie, you were supposed to wait until we did some trail riding before you hurt yourself again :D .....

That bits dude, I wish a quick recovery for you. I'm kinda the same way, both of my shoulders pop out whenever they want, grabing a cup of coffee, POP, reaching behind me, POP, sucks for sure. Same thing as thumper4life, very unstable shoulder sockets. I'm going to wait on surgery for a while yet, suppose until it gets to bad.

Hey, at least you've got the other arm to raise those Mt Sun pints :D:D ....awwww yeah!

Spirts up dude, we'll have you racing around us soon enough......

Late

Dodger :D:D

Wait UNTIL it gets bad?!?!

Sounds bad already! Mine isn't that bad, but it does not go back in on its own.

How can you ride like that?!?!!

Looks like I'll end up meeting you at the Sun before we ever get to ride together!

Ding ding - Java Porter please......

:)

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Originally posted by mikeolichney:

Bummer, Hokie, sorry to hear that. I guess you wont be going to CB with us. Mike

I'm bummin' about the CB trip, thanks for reminding me! :)

Glad to hear your shoulder is holding up!

Originally posted by westladog:

I say three months before you can ride (if you have surgery).

sell the bike! you know you want that 03 model :)

Defintely getting surgery, having that thing pop out all the time sucks.

Not sure if I want a first year YZ450 or not, I like to get the second year models since the bugs are more likely to be worked out.

Bummer, Hokie, sorry to hear that. I guess you wont be going to CB with us. I talked to you right after I dislocated mine skiing in January. I must say, it was very painful. I have been lifting weights and things are pretty much back to normal with it. Don't neglect the PT, and lift if you can.

As to the 03, I dont think its been that radical a redesign, kind of like going from the 400 to 426. I would not even think twice about getting a 450.

Best of luck and keep me informed. Mike