HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hamish

GYT-R Header pipe give oil filter access on a 426?

8 posts in this topic

Does the GYT-R HEader pipe allow oil filter access on a 426? There's no way I'm gonna buy a pipe you have to remove to clean the filter.

Thanks

Hamish

I am using the gyt-r ti header (tapered) and it gives access to my oil filter!

anyway, I think the 01-02 header (stock) also allows access to the oil filter.

cheers

i put the stainless gytr header on my 450 after bending the ti one. i suspect that it may be the same as the white bros. made by W.B.? why not, if acerbis makes the gas tanks......

Check out White Brothers head pipes. The tapered one and the highboy both clear the oil filter. The tapered pipe is good for low/mid improvement.

WB made the headers and exhaust for the early GYTR pipes. The ones you see on Ebay are the WB pipes.

Any yes, TONS of clearance for filter removal. They are tucked in pretty high to the radiator and avoid crash damage pretty well also.

I ride an '02 and no problem getting at the filter to change it - the head pipe is not in the way.

thanks guys... my bike had a Ti DSP pipe on when I got it. I thought the stocker pipe obstructed the filter, but that must only be on the early models. Anyone who has GYT-R pipe with YZ muffler can you tell me how it goes and how loud it is??

thanks again