XR600 OR YZF400?

:excuseme:confused:OK GUYS HERE GOES- I HAVE A 99 YZF400, RUNS GREAT, PAID FOR AND NO PROBLEMS. NEIGHBOR HAS A PRETTY CLEAN 95 XR600 FOR SALE. ALL STOCK, GOOD SHAPE, NEEDS CHAIN AND SPROCKETS, DENT IN REAR RIM. MY QUESTION, IN NEED OF OPINIONS- DO SELL YZ AND GET XR OR KEEP WHAT I GOT. RUNNING OUT OF TIME ON THIS DEAL. I RIDE WITH THE "GUYS" (ALL YOUNGER AND ON 250 M/C BIKES) 60% AND FAMILY (6,8 AND THE WIFE) 40%. SERIOUS TRAIL AND SOME DUNE TIME. I HAVE HAD OLDER XR'S IN THE PAST AND LIKED THEM. I AM 50/50 ON THER DEAL, YZ IS FAST AND NEWER, XR IS FAST ENOUGH AND PROBABLY A BETTER KID CHASER, WILL IT RUN (OR SHOULD I SAY CAN I RUN IT) W/THE 250'S? WIFE SAYS I CAN'T HAVE BOTH! OK LET ME HAVE IT! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU ALL HAVE TO SAY. :thumbsup::awww:

It comes down to about 50 pounds

keep your yzf

Grow some plums and buy the XR and keep the YZ.

It is impossible for a woman to stay angry for more than 6 weeks.

Being summer makes it all that much easier, you'll have more time to ride.

The XR is no YZ and vise versa.

Take note what I ride ----

Buy "her" a bike,like a xr100/200/250.Great kid chaser and you can keep your YZF.

and you can ride her bike when she's not riding it.hehe

Yeah, tried the plum growing thing but she is right (did I just say that?)this time (building a new house). Tried the "ride her bike" thing too (xr200) while she was on her quad and the boys were on 50's. Fun but... I did get a chuckle out of the "advice" though. Thanks.

I've owned both of these bikes in the past and they don't exactly compete with each other. Your riding requirements should make the decision for you. MX, closed course, anything with jumps or similar riding go for the YZ.

For cross-country legs, range, reliability and comfort, the XR rules.