HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzfrider46

valves

4 posts in this topic

i have a 99 yzf400 and i am looking for any information i can find about possible switching out the valves for a 2001 426 titanium valves? wondering if it was possible and also if you just need to pick up the 5 valves or a whole new assembly? risers, valves, springs, etc... again any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. thanx alot

If they are dimensionaly the same (head diameter, stem size ,overall length) then all you'll need is the corresponding valve springs to go with the lighter weight ti valves.

i have a 99 yzf400 and i am looking for any information i can find about possible switching out the valves for a 2001 426 titanium valves?

Just curious, why would you want to change them?

i am wanting to change them to get better snap off the bottom. the same reason they started using them on the 426's it gives you more of a 2 stroke snap.