Problems in me Head (Pipe)

I am finally getting around to installing a new GYT-R stainless steel head-pipe.

The problem I am having is the old pipe (I don't know if it is stock or FMF)

fits into my FMF power-core 4 Q pipe and the GYT-R pipe fits loosely around the outside.

Has anybody else had this problem or have any ideas on how to make it work?

I like the fit of the new pipe. It is a bunch of B.S. having to take off the head pipe to get to the oil filter.

Here are both pipes

71af6e55.jpg

Here is the old pipe

old_pipe.jpg

Here is the new pipe

d2751654.jpg

Someone may have a better solution, but any auto parts store should have pipe reducers and clamps that will work for that.

Better yet, take it to a muffler shop and have them weld a reducer onto that pipe that will work.

I have a similar problem. My bike has a DSP factory system which is way too loud, so I bought a YZ muffler for it. The header pipe(DSP) end and the mid pipe(stock) end are the same size so wont slip inside eachother. Maybe you could get a bit of thimwall SS pipe to use as a spacer between the two? I was goning to get a stock header pipe, but if I have to remove the pipe to change the oil filter I wont be doing that :thumbsup:

It looks like you have a GYT-R oversized or tapered header where the joint diameter is larger then the stock (old) header. I think the fmf muffler cant be fitted with that header unless you saw out the joint and weld it with a bigger diameter pipe where the header joins the muffler

well.... thats my opinion

Just to add.... I think the stock muffler will fit the GYT-R header (need to remove the copper insert on the stock pipe though)