swingarm bolt

If you're talking about the swingarm pivot bolt that goes through the frame and the engine, you have to kind of wiggle the swingarm from the axle side (helps to remove the shock arms, too) so that you can take the wieght off of the pivot bolt. If it is still stuck, you might be looking at a bent bolt, or possibly seized bolt (then a BFH might do the job).... Both of mine came out quite easily once I removed the weight from it.

Fryboy....that trick has saved my a$$ so many times with recalcitrant bolts. First time I used it I built a little dam out of playdo around each of the 6 spark plugs of my 6 cylinder merc (74 280SE with blue vinyl seats....). The garage couldnt pull them during a service ?

I sweated a bit myself trying to get them out thinking the garage guy was an idiot ?, but they were all well frozen. :awww:

Next morning I pulled all six without even trying.

You gotta servise the swingarm bearings every 3 months or it will sieze. I let mine sit over the winter and the bearings were toast in the spring. I'm sure you will find your bearings are toast as well.

Some times these things sieze so bad you have to use a sawzall to cut the swing arm off.

Good luck

hmmm dosnt sound good, ive soaked it in WD40 but havnt tried again, the dude i got my bike off i dont think he has ever greased them so the bearings are probably mashed as.

ill let u know how i go. anyone know if u can get that pb blaster stuff from in oz?

hey got the bolt out this arvo, had to drive it out with the end of a ratchet and rubber mallet, the WD40 trick worked, u could see where it had soaked through into the bolt.

the bearings ae rusted like hell. ah well

cheers - brett ?