Aluminium Air Box?

Over on the 250 side of TT, there was a thread about carbon fiber air boxes. Boit, provided a link to a site that offered aluminum "high performance" air boxes.

Anyone tried one of these?

Check it out. www.kientech.com

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

I've heard a lot of people rave about them for the DR350. To them it was the best mod you clould make - does this translate to a good product for our bikes? I don't know. When they started making them for the DRZ - there was a lot of interest - but I never heard of anyone actually buying one.

Jesse Kientech seems like a pretty good guy. He is a regular member of the DR & DRZ email groups and offers a lot of advise for free there. He seems to partner with Norm Kuoba - and also sells that trick fuel screw tool for the WR/YZ/DRZ.

- Sean

It's important to remember that the old DRs had a SERIOUSLY compromised OEM air box design, so improving on it was fairly stright forward. The YZF/WR doesn't suffer the same cost cutting problems. The stock Yamaha design is VERY hard to improve upon from a performance/airflow standpoint, but it's a trivial matter to make it worse. ?

Just cause it's pretty doesn't mean it works. LOL