neutral safety switch

i recall reading something about bypassing the neutral switch to ease starting,so i thought ya maybe you got a little more juice to the ignition this way? then it dawned on me that when stuck and stalled where pushing is tough this mod would allow one to push the magic button with the bike in 1st gear(with the kill switch depressed of course!)and e-motor on out! think it would work? maybe its already been done?

I cut my sky blue wire that goes to the CDI unit just like the gray wire mod. Gives more spark for starting. :thumbsup:

It also changes the rev limiter when you are on neutral to about 7000 rpm, so be careful when you remove it not to rev the engine in neutral.

would just crossing over the wires at the n. safety connector do the same thing or is cutting the sky blue wire the only way? and what exactly does cutting the wire do? same on 04? thanx

I think this is one mod that should not be done. :thumbsup: The purpose of the Neutral Safety Switch is to protect the Starter and from over-revving in neutral. Pulling in the Clutch is a minor inconvenience compared to blowing an engine or a starter. :awww:

Please, please, please don't punish your starter like that! I would forget that idea immediately. Ick, I'm nauseous just thinking about it.

Doug

seriously thinkin of taking the starter and anything to do with it off! its about the most poorly designed setup i've seen! why carry around 10lbs of crap if you don't have to! and as far as the rev limiter it still works at the max rpm setting(whatever that is 11500 ?)

Does anyone make a block off to get rid of the neutral safety switch? Mine took a hit and is broken and leaking oil. If I do way with all of it what will happen other than the starter will engage in all gears with the clutch out? I always start with the clutch disengaged anyhow.

I think this is one mod that should not be done. :busted: The purpose of the Neutral Safety Switch is to protect the Starter and from over-revving in neutral. Pulling in the Clutch is a minor inconvenience compared to blowing an engine or a starter. :busted:

If this is true then why does the 426 have the same wire when it has no e-start? If someone is lame enough to over rev their bike in neutral then :banghead: No piston engine should be revved up to high without a load on the engine :lol: Also, I've read that the wire only decreases the voltage to the coil after 2000 RPMs.....who the heck can get the engine spinning that fast when starting it :banghead: