spring rates for a big boned brutha....

About to have my suspension done on my pig. I am tippin the scales at about 225-230 :thumbsup:, you think .48 in the forks will handle it?

what are the stock rates?

what are the stock rates?

stock front = 0.43 kg

stock rear = 9.2 kg

thanks much!

what is the ID of the spring and unloaded length?

130mm

85mm

I agree with BWB63....

I run a 10.5 in the rear and I'm only 200lbs. But I run tons of gear (my tool packs something like 18lbs!) and ride like a madman... jumping off anything I can. Works well, is firm enough on big stuff and soft and supple on small bumps.

Also...

Precision Concepts in El Cajon, CA did my fronts... they mixed the two front springs up, I think a .46 in one side and something in the other. They mimicked Johnny Campbell's forks for me with same valving, spring rate, oil viscosity...etc. Works awesome, just wish I had the specs for ya.

130mm

85mm

That would be an ID of 3.34 inches... and a length of 5.12 inches...

I thougth it would be closer to 2.5inch ID and 10 inches in length but I dont know for sure.

Where is that info from?

I found the length to be 9.4 inches but I still need the ID.

Anyone have a spring lying aroudn that can measure it for me?

Length of the stock spring I just measured is ~247mm. The ID on one end is ~56mm and the other end's ID is ~61mm.

sorry I was going by the chart, I didn't messure it...I don't know what those numbers are for then. :thumbsup:

Length of the stock spring I just measured is ~247mm. The ID on one end is ~56mm and the other end's ID is ~61mm.

Dam...why would they taper the stupid thing? That small of a taper isnt gonna give a progressive feel to the rider!

Are the aftermarket springs tapered like that?

I dunno and don't currently have my bike here to pull the spring off and check. Anyone else know?

I dunno and don't currently have my bike here to pull the spring off and check. Anyone else know?

Yessir they are! At least my Eibach 10.0 I got from RaceTech is.