HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frostbite

Yamaha doesn't sell the AC pump arm????

12 posts in this topic

My throttle slide plate broke a couple of months ago during a ride in the snow. When it happened I first thought that the carb had iced up and while I was trying to chip a bit of ice away, I broke the little plastic lever that connects the throttle linkage to the AC pump. I emailed the dealer to order the plate and arm and a few other things.When the package with the plate arrived, a note said that some things were backordered. I assumed that the AC arm was one of them. I've been riding without it but it's not great. I called the dealer today to see what the holdup was and they informed me that the little plastic AC lever cannot be ordered seperately, I would have to order a complete carb for $1500 to get it! Does anybody know where I can get one of these before I start whittling one out of a walrus tusk?

AC_arm.jpg

Well you have a few options. Get the measurements and have a machine shop make one from aluminum or steel. Make 5 of them and sell off the extras. Should make it about a no cost thing then.

Or go buy a new carb. You can go Edelbrock or get one from a 426, 450 or CRF 450 and a remote hotstart.

In a worst case, YZFan has had excellent results with the Edlebrock carb. Said it made his bike into a new bike, completely cured his bog problem. He got it new in the box on eBay, I think under $200, he can tell you more details.

-try some local bike shops,usally they have junk street bike carbs laying around for parts&those carbs are in most jap streetbikes-or you could just try carbpartswharehouse-they may have a websitr not sure-they are in the small adds in the back of most mx mags

Boys, I can hit the Arctic Circle from here with a snowball. :thumbsup: There are no bike shops or machine shops or MX magazines. :awww:

It's hard to believe that the Edelbrock carb is so inexpensive. I just paid $148 for my throttle slide plate (the slide itself is $500) and $105 for the idle adjustment knob/cable. If I had've known I would've got an Edelbrock in a heartbeat.

Looks like you gonna have to make a new part,just be sure to make it from something that will not turn brittle with the cold weather you get! :thumbsup:

Hey Frostbite,

My bike is at work, but I'll check it out tomorrow. I think I can make one with the old waterjet & a little tig welding. I'll email you tomorrow.

Thanks boys, sorry for the late reply. For some reason this post was showing no new replies since my last entry so I stopped checking it. Ground hog emailed me and pointed out that someone had put up a site. Thanks for that Groundhog and thanks for the site 2320. Gotta love this site :thumbsup:

Just got off the horn with Sudco. They have the part in stock and are sending it today, 3 bucks! Thanks anyway for offering to make one Groundhog.:thumbsup:

I actually had mine break too and had to find a spare carb off ebay because sudco said they didn't have it. whatever. If somebody was going to machine parts I'd pay $15.00 for a little aluminum that I didn't have to worry about. Glad you got yours cheap though. :thumbsup: