HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AzXr628

95'XR628 pinging while rpm coming up HELP

4 posts in this topic

I just bought this bike,it has been sitting for sometime.clean the carb and richen up the jet,BUT it pings hard as the rpm increases. +/- same rpm any gear.Also kick starter sticks down

I had a slight pinging problem (stock engine, low-mid RPM under load) that I solved by going up one on the pilot (I use a 70 at the lower elevations) and using a cooler spark plug (NGK DPR9EA-9). I always use 91 octane. I don't know much about the 628 kit but I think the compression is signifigantly higher than stock. You may need richer jetting or higher octane fuel. This Japanese guy has some jetting suggestions in the carburetor settings area: XR of XR's - XR 600 specs

If you need some pages out of the factory manual reagarding the kickstarter (broken spring?) shoot me a PM. Welcome to TT. :thumbsup::awww:

Thanks for the info I'll jump into the carb this week to see what I've got.and Brett Phx is 103 today ,so when I get this ping gone maybe you will show me some of the Cool Flagstaff trails. Donn Jeepnsw@aol.com