yz426f maintenance

before i go out and buy one, i was just wondering what do u have to maintain on a 4 stroke ???

1. Very frequent oil changes. I change mine every other ride.

2. Valve clearances. You must check them periodically (I have only had to adjust/reshim 2 times since I have had the bike and once was after a cam upgrade

3. Depending on what kind you use (steel vs aluminum) they eat sprockets and chains more so than 2-stroke bikes (torque)

4. Other than those it just the normal stuff any bike needs , air filter cleanings, carb cleanings, spokes, tires etc.

My 426 has been very reliable and I have had it now for over 2 years.

1. Very frequent oil changes. I change mine every other ride.

2. Valve clearances. You must check them periodically (I have only had to adjust/reshim 2 times since I have had the bike and once was after a cam upgrade

3. Depending on what kind you use (steel vs aluminum) they eat sprockets and chains more so than 2-stroke bikes (torque)

4. Other than those it just the normal stuff any bike needs , air filter cleanings, carb cleanings, spokes, tires etc.

My 426 has been very reliable and I have had it now for over 2 years.

Satch pretty much covered it. Aside from the valve train and frequent oil changes, the rest is just like a 2-stroke. Get a good sealed chain and steel sprockets and you'll be set for a long time.