HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
km98045

Gold Valves in 03 YZ450 forks question

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone installed Race Tech Gold valves on the Kayaba forks from a 03 YZ450? I just did it but I'm not sure about the base plate. The compression valve doesn't match Race Tech's diagram. There's like a check valve at the bottom of the base, then a couple of thicker washers, then the valve shims and the gold valve above that. I'm not sure if I leave the check valve or not. Any suggestions? I'm taking some pictures to send but Race Tech won't be open till Tuesday next.

According to Race Tech it looks like I leave it. They said everything below the thick washers leave. So..... Hope this is right.

The GOld valves are nice, but I usually spring for the extra cash of the Delta Valves so you dont have to mess with that.

PM TexasDirtNap . He just recently installed the gold valves on his 04. Should be similar.

i've got the gold valves, but i had a local guru guy install .... so I guess i'm no help ... but sometimes it's just fun to reply.