HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baycrosser

Got my YZ450F today

18 posts in this topic

Yeah today I picked up my brand new 450F at my local Dealer.

Did only a short ride over the fields, but man that bike gots power compared to my old YZ125 :thumbsup:

Tomorow I will go on my local track to give it a try hahaha

I`m realy excited.

Hey! Post a ride report afterwards for me. I'm thinking of buying one but I can't decide if I want it or not. Hope you have fun! :thumbsup:

Do yourself a BIG favor now (and consider yourself forewarned)...ditch the stock chain and replace it with a quality chain! DO IT NOW! :thumbsup:

Oh and BTW ...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Do yourself a BIG favor now (and consider yourself forewarned)...ditch the stock chain and replace it with a quality chain! DO IT NOW! :lol:

Oh and BTW ...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Actualy, that was the first thing I recognice. Chain looks a little creepy. Thanks for advice, will do :thumbsup:

And yes will post my experience after my first ride on a Track. Hopefully Today :lol: :lol:

Here is a Pic of my Baby :awww::lol:

P5278692.jpg

You won't think much of the stock bars after it goes down a couple of times, either. But how many motorcycles can you name that you can "fix" all the problem parts for under $200?

Now go put a couple of scratches on that thing, please!

You won't think much of the stock bars after it goes down a couple of times, either. But how many motorcycles can you name that you can "fix" all the problem parts for under $200?

Hahaha You are right. I think the scratches will come realy fast haha.

Yes the Handlebar issue told me my dealer.

He got a Pro Taper Handlebar on his one.

Is that a good choice?

Greez,

Baycrosser

Wow you went from a 125 to a 450!!! Your in for a BIG surprise the first time you go to the track.

Hahaha You are right. I think the scratches will come realy fast haha.

Yes the Handlebar issue told me my dealer.

He got a Pro Taper Handlebar on his one.

Is that a good choice?

Greez,

Baycrosser

Go with either TwinWall Renthals or Protaper - you will have to add the bar clamps and/or tripleclamps as stock clamps only work with standard size bars.

The stock chain is junk......... Welcome to the Blue Side TT forum :thumbsup:

Wow you went from a 125 to a 450!!! Your in for a BIG surprise the first time you go to the track.

Yea, and I hope his insurance is paid up.

--KT--

Aside from the stock chain and bars, you might want to consider some frame guards and radiator braces. Works Connection makes very nice radiator braces that not only look good but work even better. GYTR, as well as Works Connection, make frame guards that will help protect the paint on that beautiful new bike.

Enjoy!!

Let us know how it went at the track. You didn't forget about the thumpers engine braking effect when you went for that tabletop did you? :awww:

Thinking about stepping up to this same bike from my 426 so I'm looking forward to what you think. :thumbsup:

Okey Dokey, be back from my local track...............

and what should I say.

First of all I´m still alife :lol: :lol:

Man that Bike is a Killer :lol: compared to my 125.

But was realy fun out there.

Cut off my Lap Times about 10 to 12 seconds each lap.

And I love this suspension even if it is in total stock mode now It is absolutly perfect against my old bikes.

One thing I have to work on is to figure out when to close the trottle on the jumps.

A few times my front was very low at the landing. that is the total difference against my 2 strokers.

But all Jumps was 4 to 6 feet longer than usual and that on my first ride hahahaha that is what i was expecting from my switch to a new scoot :thumbsup::awww:

Met a Rider who knows me from the past with my old YZ and when we made a Brake and turned off Helmets he was realy surprised.

Last Time he rode my speed and this time he could not hang on my Tail :lol:. He got a WR400 btw.

Oki thats for now with my first Impressions.

Greez,

Baycrosser

Aside from the stock chain and bars, you might want to consider some frame guards and radiator braces. Works Connection makes very nice radiator braces that not only look good but work even better. GYTR, as well as Works Connection, make frame guards that will help protect the paint on that beautiful new bike.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for your Tips,

You got a Web adress for these companYs?

Most of Metal works I do by my self.

I`m pretty sure I can make my Frame Guards by my self from Aluminum.

I work all day with Stanless Steel and Alu.

I also got a Plasma Cutting Machine so it should be no Big Deal.

Only need to see how they look like :thumbsup::awww:

BTW. Yesterday I made 2 Alu-Stands for my Bikes and they came out fine.

Will post a Pic later :lol:

Thanks,

Baycrosser

Welcome to 450 land, definately replace the stock chain before it ruins your sprockets. And BTW zip ty makes a great fuel adjuster screw, I would recommend it, and because of the intense power try out stompgrip, :thumbsup: it will keep you connected to the bike and will not shred your pants like that sandpaper grip. Again welcome and I think you will enjoy the bike more every time you ride, I absolutely love mine. :awww:

As for when you should cut throttle, I usually let off at the peak of the jump, then it'll dive a little into a perfect landing. Just my two cents.

Went again on the Track today, and also went a little faster and made longer Jumps than yesterday. And it happens in a steep right 180 Degree uphill Turn. Front wheel was in one and back wheel in another deep rut and I went down for the first time with my new scoot :awww:

But nothing beside my Brake Grip was hurt haha :lol:

But anyway this Bike is Great. Give me 4 more weeks and I bet I can make this Track in a sub 2 Minute Lap also like the best Riders do now :lol:

Here is my Baby after the mistake :thumbsup:

brake.jpg

But by now the Grip is bend back and works fine now until next Ground kissin :lol: :lol: