HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dodger

ok another fun thread - how many flat tires in one ride?

10 posts in this topic

Saturday, put on 130 rocky mountain miles, 2 front flats :) !! My bad I'm sure, but have learned a very good lesson on being prepaired....lucky for me, my buddys were!!

Off to the shop for patches and leavers.....

Dodger :D:D

I have only had one flat on a ride at a time, but I have had quite a few rides on one flat. On one of my old bikes, the previous owner put slime in the tires, and I got a flat. But then you get home and fill it up to see how long it will hold, and it holds for a few weeks and yo think it is fine, but when you ride and land off a jump, it will blow the slime out of the hole and your tire will go flat. And this happens over and over. So I don't use slime.

gal, at that point in time, I'd quit trying to fix it!! :)

I had one flat, once - Competition Park, in Calif.

Now, if you wanna talk mountain bikes, I've got you tied gal. You wanna talk street bicycles, my dad has us all beat, with 8.

me n my 3 buddies had 6-7 in one ride that lasted not more then 4 hours. it was on the srounding mountains of jerusalem....

who cares how many flat? question is how fast can you patch or replace on trail?front tire patch under 8 min. replace with new tube under 10.rear tube les than 15min.that include fillimg tire with air

I could do a bicycle tire in under 2 minutes, filled with air.

I can't even get my wheels OFF in 8 minutes on my motorcycle!!!

Back in my Quad daze, I used to run a little race known to some as "Blackwater". If I am allowed to count that, my record is 7. By the time I was thru, I had to re-invest nearly $1000.00 into my quad to bring it back to a satisfactory condition! That is why I now run these virtually indestructable Thumpers. BIKES RULE!!!

after racing blackwater on your thumper i bet you wouldnt think its was still indestructable.

I was foolish for riding/racing quads, but I never, ever, thought about racing a bike at Blackwater! Quads run on Saturday, so I got to watch those bikes on Sunday. Crazy! I can't believe how fast they can go down those rocky hills!!! Sheer Lunacy!!! Maniac