JOHN DOWD vs. TIM FERRY

All you yz guys are so proud of your real fake bike

a "YZF 426." If YZF's are so fast then how come john dowd's motor is all stock and pulls holeshot's by miles your great fake rider Tim Ferry. Tim Ferry has all that lit stuff on his bike to make it faster. You guys need to learn that a pumkin is the best and the fastest period. Also don't forget about all the 2 stroke buddies that beat your fake bike.

power deliver. Dowd is good at starts and ferry isnt. Suspension and frame geometry. 94cc.

Dowd still runs an after market pipe which im sure puts it into the 55 hp range. I think that is about equivalent to ferry's bike. I saw them both at southwick today and that KTM did have more balls than the YZ. Im not dis'n the YZ but just tellin you what i think.

BTW, im a Dowd fan (gotta root for the local guys) and that 520 of his is the meanest, loudest, gnarliest thing i have ever heard. ?

Originally posted by yugo1:

All you yz guys are so proud of your real fake bike

a "YZF 426."

Yawn ....what are you talking about, fake bike ? There seems to be alot more "2 stroke buddies " beating Dowdy in the nationals than Ferry. Let's see Ferry is 2nd in points and Dowd is 7th.

Originally posted by moto madman:

Hey, Dowdy is 37. He is old enough to be the father of most of these guys. Give him a break. I have ridden with him before. He frigin flies.

Your right, my comment wasn't meant to be a slam on Dowd.

Originally posted by moto madman:

Hey, Dowdy is 37. Give him a break. I have ridden with him before. He frigin flies.

Please clarify that statement for me. Have you really ridden WITH him.....or.....were at some track at the same time he was.

You're right, he does haul butt. At 37 he just is a bit old to compete with the "kids". I'm not sure why he does not compete in the vet nationals. I would really like to see him, Dubach and Guy Cooper go at it.

Ernie

Hey, Dowdy is 37. He is old enough to be the father of most of these guys. Give him a break. I have ridden with him before. He frigin flies.

--------------------

Kinda like saying I rode/raced with Ty Davis/ Mike K. / Curt Casseli/ Jeff Willow cuz I was at the same WORCS race! :D

Although ......

BikeDestroyers guy WORCS #10 privateer passed me/ lapped me/ on a 11mile course in 4laps and 1hr 30min!

And Ty passed me about 4miles out on his 4th loop and my 3rd. I stayed with him for about 30seconds and the rest is........HISTORY.

But I guess I can say I rode with Ty D!!!!! ?

The thing that sucks is he was on a 2smoker and still passed me!!!

I couldn't even SCARE him with the noise of the 4HUN in the wash!!!??? :D

Dowd Why did you brig up Dowd

HoleShot SmoleSHot,

Ya don’t win races buy holeshots, and thats apparent by Dowd’s consistent 5 places or farter back finishes.

Must be all the power he uses in the holeshot is used up.

Go back in you hole Mole

and another thing YUGO, I bet you bought one of those pieces of dung

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

20% BIKE, 80% RIDER some less some more.BIKE means crap , long as its running and set up well. I have won on the slowest bike in the class. So its how bad you want it. And on the every level except Pro and top Am level, nobody uses the full potential of modern bikes.

yugo1

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 9649

posted May 09, 2002 03:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 01 400 SX and I have some aftermarket stuff on it but, I think it's time for a pipe and jus asking for opinions for a good slip-on or full system that give more bottom end to mid. Also if anybody knows anyany thing about throttle sensonors. Thanks

yugo1

yugo1

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 9649

posted May 13, 2002 01:13 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHATS A GOOD PIPE FOR MY PUMPKIN? SLIP ON'S, FULL EXHAUST ANY THING PLEAE REPLY

yugo1

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 9649

posted May 13, 2002 01:16 PM

wHATS A GOOD SET OF TRIPLE CLAMPS FOR PUMPKINS??

I SEE EMIG RACING, TAGS, FACTORY R&D. IF YOUS HAVE ANY INFO PLEASE LET ME KNOW. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE OFFSET TO?

yugo1

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 9649

posted May 13, 2002 06:34 AM

I have A ktm 400 Sx and I was wondering that if anybody had any info on the new FMF T4 what kind of power gains you get. If anybody has any info please reply

yugo1

ThumperTalk Member

Member # 9649

posted May 13, 2002 07:51 AM

call up FTM enterprise they improt all excel rims from Japan that's here I bought my rims . They are the distributers for White bros. and parts unlimited

<font color=blue><bold>And I suppose since you are looking at all of these AFTERMARKET products ,YUGO, that your bike will soon be REAL FAKE? Was that the words you used about the Yamaha that is 2nd in points?

<center><font color=orange>Kind of a contadictory in words ......wouldn't you think?</center>[/b] ?:D

I have read each and every one of your posts and most are about asking about //what product will make my<font color=orange> KABOOM go faster//

I don't know much about the pumpkins , although I rode one yesterday and it WAS a pretty good bike........just not my style.......too wide up front, but I DO have a bit of advice for you.......

Do NOT be rude and others won't be defensive towards you right away........<center><font color=red>this even works in junior high!</center>

SECOND .......Practice more instead of buying things for your ??PUMPKIN???

<font color=blue>Third......Don't dis on one of THE fastest 4stroke riders in the world....TIMMY FERRY....by the way, he is very down to earth AND courteous.

<font color=orange>FOURTH.......RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!! DO NOT EVER SPEAK TO YOUR ELDERS AS IF THEY ARE INFERIOR TO YOU AND UNKNOWLEDGIBLE!

Believe it or not .....you will actuall gain MORE knowledge in your lifespan.(even though I thought the same way when I was 15.....I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT >>>>>>NOTHING>>>>>>>)

PEACE :D

<h1><font color=blue><center>PRACTICE</center></h1>

What was that thing my Mom told me to do ?

If I don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at ALL!!!

<font color=red>oh yeah........

7.............8.....9........ :D

PS.......

Yammys come WITH Excel rims!!!

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ] :D

[ June 10, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

I raced against Dowd in 88 (I think, its kinda hazy)He was still a amateur, He was way fast then and still is. I watched him at Southwick this weekend on the KTM he looked great. I have much respect for him, plus hes a nice guy to top it off, And as far a Tim Ferry goes he is the most aggressive 4 stroke rider out there he was flying, the only one that really looked faster was RC.