426 won't start

It ran fine last time I rode it about two months ago. Now it won't start. I put a fresh plug in it. It's getting fuel and spark. Is there anything else I can check?

Mouse house in the airboot?

Did you put a BRAND NEW plug?

I had a similar problem last year and tracked it back to changing the air filter and a little bit of dirt got in the air jets on the back of the carb. Mine would still run, but ran like crap and was hard to start. Also try all types of starting "rituals". Choke, no choke. Pull the hot start. and lastly give it a quick twist of the throttle as a last resort. Once you get it running DO THE CAM MOD. It was an absolute night and day difference in my bike's starting ease!

You have fuel and spark but it won't start? Hmmm.... 2 ideas. 1) Clean the carb. Shoot cleaner through every hole, followed by compressed air. Will it start? If not, get a can of starting fluid. Remove the seat and filter and shoot a good shot down the air boot, PUT THE SEAT BACK ON (to protect your backside) and try to start it. It should fire.

You have fuel and spark but it won't start? Hmmm.... 2 ideas. 1) Clean the carb. Shoot cleaner through every hole, followed by compressed air. Will it start? If not, get a can of starting fluid. Remove the seat and filter and shoot a good shot down the air boot, PUT THE SEAT BACK ON (to protect your backside) and try to start it. It should fire.

Great advice....... :thumbsup:

Hahahaha...I didn't ride my 125 for a season, took off the airbox lid to clean the filter and 4-5 little mousies ran off and scurried away...leaving a big bunch of grass, etc behind! Bushy ain't lyin'! Mice love airboxes! :awww:

Sorry, probably didn't help your problem. But it was funny! :thumbsup:

Hahahaha...I didn't ride my 125 for a season, took off the airbox lid to clean the filter and 4-5 little mousies ran off and scurried away...leaving a big bunch of grass, etc behind! Bushy ain't lyin'! Mice love airboxes! :thumbsup:

Sorry, probably didn't help your problem. But it was funny! :awww:

Same thing happend to my snowmobile last winter but I didn't check it and a nut got stuck under the throttle slide and held my throttle open halfway. Thank God for the TORS.