HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimBrp

Rotors

7 posts in this topic

I was riding the pig last week and noticed a horrid noise. Almost like I ran over a pig...Ironic. SO i checked on my pads and they were worn to hell. Yeah my mistake. However, my rotor now has a lip on it and I priced one from Honda at $161.59 :thumbsup: Anyone know of any aftermarket co's that make a REAR for the 650r? Everyone seems to make a front but no rear. Furthermore, should i replace it? The lip is pretty evident. Thanks in advance! Any preference on pads while we're at it?

I bought a wave type rear rotor from Rad Mfg . I believe they are $99.

Before replacing the stock rotor use a micrometer and check the thickness. If it's below spec replace it. The lip on the rotor won't have any affect, it's just a sign that you are using the brakes. You could file it off if it really bothered you. New pads will conform to the irregularities in the rotor as they break-in. Some pads will wear rotors faster than others.

Brian

just a thought, i dont like the feel of the sintered pads, the carbon type seem to hold up ok and feel better...

http://www.rockymountainmc.com/home.asp?sid=0004228147

I also bought my rotors (Titax at $50 front and $50 back) and pads $20 each here :awww: There fast and good prices. Always look real good at what your buying. I have bought front, thinking I was buying back and so on. :thumbsup:

That's what I've order. I got the stainless for 20 bucks more. Rocky Mountain..Can't beat em'. Thanks guys!