Rotors

I was riding the pig last week and noticed a horrid noise. Almost like I ran over a pig...Ironic. SO i checked on my pads and they were worn to hell. Yeah my mistake. However, my rotor now has a lip on it and I priced one from Honda at $161.59 :thumbsup: Anyone know of any aftermarket co's that make a REAR for the 650r? Everyone seems to make a front but no rear. Furthermore, should i replace it? The lip is pretty evident. Thanks in advance! Any preference on pads while we're at it?

50 bucks for front or rear @ rockymountainmc.com :thumbsup:

Pads or rotors?

I bought a wave type rear rotor from Rad Mfg . I believe they are $99.

Before replacing the stock rotor use a micrometer and check the thickness. If it's below spec replace it. The lip on the rotor won't have any affect, it's just a sign that you are using the brakes. You could file it off if it really bothered you. New pads will conform to the irregularities in the rotor as they break-in. Some pads will wear rotors faster than others.

Brian

http://www.rockymountainmc.com/home.asp?sid=0004228147

I also bought my rotors (Titax at $50 front and $50 back) and pads $20 each here :awww: There fast and good prices. Always look real good at what your buying. I have bought front, thinking I was buying back and so on. :thumbsup:

just a thought, i dont like the feel of the sintered pads, the carbon type seem to hold up ok and feel better...

http://www.rockymountainmc.com/home.asp?sid=0004228147

I also bought my rotors (Titax at $50 front and $50 back) and pads $20 each here :awww: There fast and good prices. Always look real good at what your buying. I have bought front, thinking I was buying back and so on. :thumbsup:

That's what I've order. I got the stainless for 20 bucks more. Rocky Mountain..Can't beat em'. Thanks guys!