HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirt4me

Passenger Footpegs & Springy

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone out there seen add-on foot pegs for carrying a passenger on the XR650R besides those available from BajaDesigns or Fourstrokeworks? I'd love to be able to haul a passenger around on some of the easier roads up in the Sierras.

Oh, another question for those experienced with suspension. Would I just be able to crank up the pre-load on the rear spring to cary an extra 125 lbs, or am I going to need to swap out the spring with a stiffer one?

Thanks!

whats wrong with the baja designs ones?

Just throw her on the back...no need for spring change unless you are gonna be chargin whoops, square edged bumps, layin it down in berms, etc... where you need the bike dialed in.

I throw my big ass and my ol lady's lil ass on there and we motor all over with the stock suspension. For just me alone I need a way stiffer spring then stock and it still works fine with both of us on there.

The BajaDesigns pegs are weld-on and that doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy. I'd prefer a bolt-on bracket that can be removed easily. I'll only be carrying a passenger on a few trips once every so often throughout a year. The fewer things sticking out of the side of the bike to stab me when it lands on top of me the better! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I need to carry my wife on my XR600R :lol: and some rear pegs would be great. I dont want to weld pegs on to my swingarm either. As it is now I have to put her in front of me and she puts her feet on the motor and the exaust pipe, or on top of my feet, which maks shifting really hard :awww: Wont put her on the back without pegs for fear she will get her feet in the chain :thumbsup:

I just bought a set of passenger pegs from Baja Designs and they work great. The pegs are bolt ons and pretty easy to mount. They are a litle pricey, but what other alternatives are out there besides welding. I'm not sure what your talking about with the weld ons. I've only seen the pair I bought and they are fairly simple bolt ons.

Just ordered a set! I gave BD a call and it turned out that the weleding that's required is for the XR400 and 600. On the XR650, just like the doc says, they're bolt-ons. Thanks for the input!

Just ordered a set! I gave BD a call and it turned out that the weleding that's required is for the XR400 and 600. On the XR650, just like the doc says, they're bolt-ons. Thanks for the input!

i like mine :lol::thumbsup::lol:

56048557705_0_ALB.jpg

74678557705_0_ALB.jpg

83078557705_0_ALB.jpg

jeff :awww: