any ideas how to straighten bent rim?

My buddy bent his rim. any good ways to fix or get it closer to good lol by the way they are his 04 excels and boy is he pissed lol

YEAH...The best way to fix a bent excel rim is to buy a new one :thumbsup:

Some car wheel/tyre dealers can fix bent/scratched alloy mag rims...Maybe they could do the job for your mate... :thumbsup:

Is it bent, like - flat spot bent... or bent like - out of true bent??

bent on one side where he caught a rock or square edge.

If it is the edge of the rim and it is true, use a crescent wrench and pry it back to where it is straight. If it is a slight ding or flat spot smack it with a big hammer and a wood block against the rim. If it is a big bend throw it away and lace up a new one. Suggest more air pressure next time.

lol yeah I told him to run more air pressure lol and then he got bent lmao poor bastard

When someone figures out how to repair them let me know. I have 4 pair of Excel's that are bent. I even asked Excel - they said no way to repair .......... To bad they can't just melt them & rebuild them. Keep your airpressure up above 14psi to keep them from getting bent!

I had a few small bends on the edges of my excels and i put the rim in a press to straighten them. Just squeeze the two sides together with a block of wood on the bottom side. Be sure not to press it too far but it will come very close to straight again. Worked for me :thumbsup::awww:

Steve

My rear wobbles now after a get off. It doesn't feel like it does when I ride. Haven't really checked, but I suspect its the rim.

If it is the rim. What are my options to straighten?

My rear wobbles now after a get off. It doesn't feel like it does when I ride. Haven't really checked, but I suspect its the rim.

If it is the rim. What are my options to straighten?

it could be out of true.. take it to ur local shop and have them true it up for u...

around here 80-90 bucks..

I straighten both rims on my 450 after I bought it. Each had a very noticable dent on one side. I used a 12 inch crecent wrench and a very large C clamp and a block of wood. They are still there if you look but hard to notice.

it could be out of true.. take it to ur local shop and have them true it up for u...

around here 80-90 bucks..

Man...might as well buy a new rim...but, if its just out of true then a new rim wont help. How can I do this myself?

I straighten both rims on my 450 after I bought it. Each had a very noticable dent on one side. I used a 12 inch crecent wrench and a very large C clamp and a block of wood. They are still there if you look but hard to notice.

No dents on mine it looks really perfect. Its just when Im running it wobbles. I dont even feel it.

Wobblies are hard to get out on your own. Some shop do specialize in rim straightening.

Man...might as well buy a new rim...but, if its just out of true then a new rim wont help. How can I do this myself?

No dents on mine it looks really perfect. Its just when Im running it wobbles. I dont even feel it.

ya.. our shops rip u a new one.. usually u just have to make friends with the owners and u can get the hook up..

Ther is a place in South Carloina I think in Greenville that fixes motorcycle rims they are very good I cant remember the name.

wills rim repair (864) 787-1351 greenville sc they do great work..

Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm in CA, and if I don't wanna pay 80 for truing, I surely don't wanna pay for shipping.

I've found an article on here that sort of explains how to lace and maintain. Ill try it out myself first and see what happens.

Worst case is I learn something before I fork over the dough.

My buddy fixes his with a 20,000 pound press.It seems to work well.