Going from Dino to Synthetic

Should I ween my 426 off convention oil (ie synthetic blend) or go strait to sythetic? The previous owner used Castrol GTX (dont know which weight). Or should I just keep using the dino oil? Can anyone reccomend a good weight (airtemps from 70-90) Thanks.

I have been using Shell Rotella T Synthetic, 5w-40(?), found at Walmart for ~ $12.00/gallon jug.

Just go w/ the synthetic on your next oil/filter change. Be sure you drain the oil form BOTH drain plugs (frame & engine).

I just ran out of the Yamaha oil I had at home and ran the 15w-50 Mobile 1 with the RED cap that you can buy at Walmart. $19.99 for 5 quarts and I'm pretty happy with it. Many people are running this and I wanted to try it.

I just ran out of the Yamaha oil I had at home and ran the 15w-50 Mobile 1 with the RED cap that you can buy at Walmart. $19.99 for 5 quarts and I'm pretty happy with it. Many people are running this and I wanted to try it.

That is what I use.

I have been using Shell Rotella T Synthetic, 5w-40(?), found at Walmart for ~ $12.00/gallon jug.

Just go w/ the synthetic on your next oil/filter change. Be sure you drain the oil form BOTH drain plugs (frame & engine).

word... I switched to the Shell Rotella last year and my bike loves it. Here is some more brain food: http://www.yft.org/tex_vfr/tech/oil.htm