HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

wr250f coming soon!

2 posts in this topic

I put my deposit down today. My dealer in B.C. Canada said he expects it sometime in Jan. :)

Coming from a 00' XR 250, I craved more juice and better suspension. I had orginally thought about the WR426F, but after sitting on the WR250F at a bike show, it just felt like it would be a lot more managable in the tight woods I ride.

Thinking about trying Hare Scrambles and a small amount of mx, but mostly woods. After much thought I decided on the WRF vs. YZF.

A few questions though; will it "happily" support my 200lbs (power and suspension), and what's the advantage of the wide ratio tranny for my riding preferences. I've noticed a lot of YZF's racing Hare Scrambles.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, congrats on the purchase! I am same 200 lbs and think the WR250 will be adequate for you in our tight woods. I have the WR400 and it can be a handful in the woods. If it isn't you can always move up to the 400/426 next year. By the way, I am looking for riding buddies in B.C. (Lower Mainland) so if you need an extra rider give me an e-mail at wr_freak@yahoo.com