simple questions?

My bike did this when it was brand new. I too checked the oil out of the bike and it was fine. After a few rides the problem went away. I did notice it once after washing it before a ride. You may have a more serious problem but maybe there was a little residual water left in the over flow after you washed the bike. Is it brand new?

I'm not shure about a 4 stroke, but on a 2 stroke, milky transmission fluid means you have a bad water pump seal. I haven't had my 4 stroke very long, and I don't know if the water pump is made the same.

I actually got this a tiny bit after trail riding last week where we did some very small water (puddle?) crossings. I think that some water gets into the vent hose and mixes with the oil in the hose. If this is what's happening then it's OK. However if the oil in the motor itself is milky then you do have something that needs immediate attention. I wouldn't hurt to double check your coolant just to be on the safe side.

I look at it this way,

I figure when my bike is done for the day and its tucked inside the garage nice and safe. That the spew on the floor is just the dribble that comes from an over exited day ?

and I must have done something right :D

There are posts on this do a search

basicly the issue is as stated condensation and oil being wipped to a froth and then backing out of the tube as it condenses, hence the overflow

It is nothing more then say wipping egg whites to a white froth. This is what oil does when it is heated whipped and beat under preasure as it is done in the cases of the yz's

Nothing more nothing less.

Now if the substance dries and it appears that there maybe some coolant then thats another story.

But this is normal and expect a dribble to a half doller sys spew mark.

as stated its a sign your bike had a good time :D

Re-read the article a few months back on Dubachs bike. WEhy do you think he has the pre-presurized conatainer running from his exhaust to the Wet Sump Tranny

Thats right folks foaming action, cuts it down

[ June 04, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Hey guys thanks for all of the replys they're greatly appreciated. I've only noticed it a couple of times and it doesn't leak very much just a few drops. I have also been hitting some pretty deep water which could have gone up my vent hose. I've only noticed it a couple of times. Thanks.