Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trunkmonkey55

New handlebars 04 WR450

14 posts in this topic

I just bent the crap out of my handlebars and am looking for a new set that rocks the house. Does anyone know what is the best of the best? :thumbsup:

Vote 2 for Pro Tapers.

They are a little more money but in the long run very worth it!!!

Protapers linked with Cycra Hand guards (The onesd which attach to the top triple clamp.

Unbreakable combo. Fit in a thick pad of hard rubber under the handlebar clamps and you have a built in vibration damper. Nice.

Which bend ( WR Hi, WR Lo, etc ) in the Pro Tapers are about an inch higher than the stock 04 bars? Also what is the brand of the cheap rubber mounted top tripple clamp Pro Taper knock off?

Thanks

too expensive! I have the renthal handlebars and love them

I use to bend a couple of sets of good bars like Renthals a year. I have had Protapers for 4 years now and not bent a set so in the long run Protapers have been much cheaper for me. Besides in a race or in the middle of no where unbent bars are priceless!!!

Pro Tapers. CR Hi bend is comfortable, but a little wide in the woods. Next time I go to change grips, I think I will whack 1/2" or so off the ends... :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys, Its sounds like Pro Taper wins. Im Picking them up tomarrow. :thumbsup:

FYI...if you do run Pro Tapers you will need to change the tripleclamp. Normal handlebars are 7/8" in diameter, Protapers are 1 1/8".

if you do run Pro Tapers you will need to change the tripleclamp

Or just get an adaptor. My 250 has a whole triple clamp, my WR I went with the adaptor. The adaptor will run you around $50 or under. The triple clamp will run you $130+

Adapter will rise your handlbar even more, witch is good if you are tall... I think

go with renthal fatbar enduro bend no need to cut. i like them better than my pro taper doug henry bend.