2005 YZF

It seems likely that there will be some significant changes since the '04 really didn't get much. Heard all kinds of rumors ranging from fuel injection to aluminum frames but nothing confirmed. One thing is for sure, with the federal government implementing emission standards starting in '06 there are sure to be a lot of changes by then.

Has anybody found anything about the '05 YZF's? I don't now if i should go ahead and buy the '04 450 or wait for a few months for the '05. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the net yet.

not that its of ANY use whatsoever..but a bit of random info: I was flipping around on the gyt-r site the other day looking for 450 stuff and noticed the 'select your year' stuff now has 05 as an option...and it appears most of the accessories will make the move, at least at the moment? nothing official of course ?

Has anybody found anything about the '05 YZF's? I don't now if i should go ahead and buy the '04 450 or wait for a few months for the '05. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the net yet.

not that its of ANY use whatsoever..but a bit of random info: I was flipping around on the gyt-r site the other day looking for 450 stuff and noticed the 'select your year' stuff now has 05 as an option...and it appears most of the accessories will make the move, at least at the moment? nothing official of course ?

Don't put too much stock in this, if you look, the same upper triple clamp is listed for the 03 and 04. As we know, this is not true.

I heard that the 05 will be basicaly the same as the 04 with a few refinements. The fork and shock will be diferent

and way better. I asked him if it would be worth buying a new 05 he said yes. ?

I heard that the 05 will be basicaly the same as the 04 with a few refinements. The fork and shock will be diferent

and way better. I asked him if it would be worth buying a new 05 he said yes. ?

"He" who? The salesman standing there waiting to take some more money?

Well I just heard......

Nah just can not do the hooker schtick ?

BUt I just heard that Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Susuki and aprilia struck a joint deal to create a bike from all 5 manufatures

Its a 450, has 11 speeds, 37" of travel front and rear, Vtwin, lectrinic fuel injection, ABS, Air bags and a child seat

They will call it

YamaHonawassukrilia

Here are some secret Proto type pics of the differant proposed bikes

020.jpg

084.jpg

Well it had 37" of travel :awww:

058.jpg