HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SaltyWalrus

Oil weeping from silver circle above countershaft

4 posts in this topic

I just assumed my countershaft seal was responsible for my motors vital fluids spooging my case around the sprocket. I was just checking the oil before leaving work and now I don't think it's the seal. Directly above the seal and to the rear of the clutch actuation arm are two silver circles, each about 1/4" across. One is on the flat (horizontal to ground) surface of the case and the one to the rear is on an angled surface. I now think the oil is weeping out around the front, horizontal surface silver circle. So....ummmmm.....is this good news or bad news. Anyone have any ideas why oil would be weeping out of there and more importantly, how do I fix it??? :thumbsup:

Anyone????? Another question. Did I void my warranty by replacing the clutch bushing and countershaft seal?

Anyone????? Another question. Did I void my warranty by replacing the clutch bushing and countershaft seal?

What Honda don't know won't hurt em'... or you...

No you absolutely did not void your warrantee. Those are stock parts and you have the option to install yourself or have the dealer do it. Either way your warrantee is good. :thumbsup: