How do I Sit on my bike

I think the guy is being mean. My wife is 5'4" and rides a YZ125. The only time she uses wood blocks is at the starting line. Most suspension companies can lower the suspension a couple inches, which would help. You can also cut your seat foam down and get handlebars that have least amount of rise. You figure Carmichael is 5'5" at best and he rides the hell out of a bike. I know he also cuts his subframe down 1/2" which would also help you out. Don't listen to the boneheads, keep on riding...

PK

Originally posted by Ducman:

I am 5'3", The 426 is very tall for me,

Should I put wood blocks on my foot pegs.

A local pro told me this would help with cornering, I think he is being mean.

Laugh at the so called pro that old you to put wood blocks on your pegs.

I have a short friend that I trecently trimmed 2 inches out of his seat foam. This has helpd him alot. We are looking at cutting the sub frame too. However cutting the sub frame is more difficult.

im pretty sure if you search old archived post you will find some topics dealing with this subject.i think you might even find a couple topics explaining exactly how to lower your wr or yz.i know when the 98wr400 first came out there were a lot of people complaining about bike being too tall.im almost positive it was TT where i saw tech article explaining step by step how to lower seat height by shortening subframe

Thanks for the help, The guys I talked to were pretty drunk. I dont have any friends that ride bikes this is my first one. I crash alot becouse I am small and cant reach the ground.

I thnk I should have got a smaller bike.