2 WEEKS till the 450!!!

i promise you, at the dealers show in 2 weeks the 450 (both yz and wr) will be unvieled.

if your dealer so wishes, they can take one home at that point in time for sale.

now, realize that ALL of the bikes are already in the USA. yep, that's right. they have to be. between unloading the ship, customs and shipping to the distribution wharehouses the time line proves that the bikes are already here. today!

think about 18lbs lighter (dry weight).

autodecomp

electric start on the WR (has a plate on the yz were it goes).

new swing arm and shock mount points.

time to start begging! ?

The Sun Gawd has spoken! SO BE IT, and MAKE IT SO! :D

I heard it was going to be a full 460cc, weigh 209lbs, and have 62hp at the rear wheel! It won't even have a kickstarter lever, it is started by telepathy, just think about it and it starts! Digital "fly by wire" throttle control, interactive suspension that can be lowered for shorter riders on the fly, and an optional turbo kit for desert racing.

Even the tires are going to be made of a space age material that will allow riders to make bermshots and corners just like on Motocross Madness 2, wide open and at 80mph! Unlimited tracton finally!!!

And the last thing is, Yamaha decided to make it in optional colors, a hot pink for the more sensitive rider, red for the Honda defectors, blue for the traditionalists, and a green/yellow combo for the ex KLX and DRZ riders that want to ride a real racebike

:D:D?

Originally posted by SUnruh:

now, realize that ALL of the bikes are already in the USA. yep, that's right. they have to be. between unloading the ship, customs and shipping to the distribution wharehouses the time line proves that the bikes are already here. today!

"Customs" thats funny. Ever been to the long beach container yards.....no customs. Just unload the ship and get the container out. It seems they only check if they get a tip.

i certainly would like an electric start.

especially if it was a dry cell type (light weight) and was good for 4 starts.

i would like a little more power as well.

yes, i've been to long beach. they have to clear customs. even if it IS a farce.

regardless if it weighs 109, 225 or 400 lbs, the bikes will be available in 2 weeks and ALL of the details that go with them.

some might call what i said a rumor, i tend to think of it as "pre-announcment" facts. ?

Well its a lot easier to push my E440 into the back of my truck then my old 2000 WR400 or the 2000 TE610 that I had. Also the E440 feels lighter than either of them as well.

If you live in CA, DON"T BUY A DALE. I need every advantages I can get. ?

Oh, and I am saving a ton of $$$ on gas. The FI uses about as much gas as a TTR125. Climbing hills at Stonyford for 3 days, didn't even use one tank. My KTM 300 EX/C went through 10+ gallons on the same trip.

I could go on, but I'd rather go riding.

I'm sorry Dave, but everything you just wrote, cannot be given any weight because YOU BOUGHT A HUSQVARNA. I heard that the TE610 is the first bike in history, to actually achieve a negative cash value as soon as it was pushed out of the dealer

BAH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ?

WOW, I just saw that you wanted to go for it again, SO YOU BOUGHT A CLYDESDALE

BAHWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-HA :D

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: fastkevin ]

Hey Sunruh,

What is this about the dealers can take home a 2003 YZ from the Vegas show????

I heard the bikes will not be available for dealer sales til fall? They will only have models for display at the show....I think.

Do you know something my local dealer doesnt know?

Sorry guys, but the dealer can not take/buy/steal/borrow ANY new bike directly from the dealer show in Vegas. He will get the chance to SEE the bike, sit on it, pull the clutch and kick the tires, but not take one home. He gets to order his allotment of bikes for the year at the show (which is why Yamaha has the show in the first place).

He will get to bring home a small assortment of brochures, though.

Originally posted by Husker Mike:

Sorry guys, but the dealer can not take/buy/steal/borrow ANY new bike directly from the dealer show in Vegas.

Which means that it will be a while before we know the actual (non-hype) weight of the new bike........