YZ 450F preview in Dirt Rider

Which Dirt Rider are we talking about, June or July ????

This reminds me of 5th grade. Your bikes fat, so yours is slow, na uh, yours is ugly, no way, yours is dumb, no your dumb,

Mommie he called me dumb!

Then here is comes:

LISA, ANNA MARIE, YOU BEHAVE YOURSELVES! AND DONT GET YOUR DRESSES DIRTY!

John, I believe its either July or August. Its a blue cover with Dirt Rider written in like a Greenish yellow. Wierd looking but its all in there. I apologize to everyone i am not usually this rude.

Thanks Gonzo,

I didn't get that issue yet, should be any day.

When it comes, I'll check it out.

Hey Gonzo, you might not usually be this rude but when you fly off the cuff and tell people to stick stuff up their rear ends and call them morons. People might disagree with you, that's all, good luck with your riding, you seem like a fast rider.

Oh how the tide is turning Cluk Cluk Cluk Bercaaaak

With all this arguing between you guys I never heard the one thing that would benifit us all with blue thumpers.

DID YAMAHA DO ANYTHING WITH THE STARTING ISSUE?

I'm not concerned with the freaking weight guys...I'm too old to care about it now..but my 426 died on my at the starting line this weekend ....it took me 5 kicks to get it running again....I was so tired I didn't even want to race.......what did they say about that?

Someone please scan a picture of the bike. :)

Originally posted by Kirtwell:

....it took me 5 kicks to get it running again....I was so tired I didn't even want to race....

Kirtwell,

Your profile does not list your age. With all due respect to you......If you are to winded and tired to race after kicking a bike 5 times then you have some training issues to deal with.

Ernie

Jeesh...I leave you guys alone for a few days and look what happens!!!!! Complete and utter flamage!!! :):D

I am supposed to be the one to start stuff like this, they put me and mxaddict in charge of jumping on people I thought :D

Easy up fellas...10lbs would be a welcome change,and the 24cc is just gravy. Since the YZF and the CRF are so close in overall power now, any extra is just a bonus, and won't make a damn bit of difference in your finishing position. The fast guys still win, the slow guys bring up the back, and us normal guys fill out the field. Always has been and always will be like that right?

I am totally keeping my mouth shut on this 2003 issue until the Yamaha dealer meeting has transpired, then and only then, will we know what the Real Deal© is.

:D

I kept telling them to stop

but they wouldnt

they wouldnt listen to me at all

Oh the horror theeeee hooooororrrrrrrrrrr

ego-a-hole, wathcing you ride your bike you could use a bike that is 20lb lighter. On one of the post we were talking about how fast you could go on a stock yz 426 i posted that i had my bike going about (96) and you said no way? well my freind last weekend at works race i had my bother clock us and it came out to be 96. :):D:D

yzboy

You copy the quote were I said noway

"NOway I said Noway"

:)

I think I said after I put the turbo charger in I hit 140 or somthing like that

Iam sure yz-n-limbo will come back with another intellectual responce

DId you just make fun of me :D

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

hay ego i could never clown the master clowen. u looked good on that flat track? But what about a stock 426 going 96 with 15/49 sproket? :):D

Seriously though, I am thinking HARD about keeping my bike and spending a little bit of money on it. A new bike is NOT going to make me faster, I can lose 10lbs easier and cheaper than a new bike, and my suspension is sweet! I would have to start all over again with revalving and springs since my weight is considerably more than average (239 at present).

A nice 444cc kit, new plastic, a Honda front master cylinder, a Dr D. exhaust system, and my bike would run with ANY 2003 model out there, for 1/6th the price...not to mention if I would get in a bit better shape! And I agree, if you get worn out from kicking your bike 5 times, training is a priority! :)

The YZF will start very easily if you:

1) have the bike jetted correctly

2) follow the drill

3) there are no other mechanical problems

I can start mine so easy, I do not even have to stand up on the peg, I sit there, puch the kickstarter until it gets hard, pull the decomp lever and push the lever ONE MORE inch, release the lever, and kick. BOOM...it fires up. Ask my pals, they see me do it. I do have the BK mod done and the light blue wire disconnected. But then again, it started easily before as well.

I use a 165-168 main, 45-48 pilot, and the stock 2001 needle (EJP) in the 4th groove from top. Runs crisp and pulls hard!

YZBoy: Someone slap some sense into this kid!

Why is every one picking on this kid

96 mph Bah-Humbug

Thats a quote

Back in my day I was fast, now I am fast in my own mind, its ok though my mind says 90 im going 30 :)

Again its all about fun.

Yzboy nothing like sitting up at the end of the straight and throwing it sideways at 90 +,

Ahh how I long for those days....

Beisde benchracing is much safer :D

[ May 29, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Model: 2003 CRF450R Dry Weight: 225.0 pounds

2002 YZ426F Specifications Dry Weight 231 lbs.

This is cut and paste from there web sites

I see 6 lbs. differance

So if the 2003 YZ450F drops 6 lbs. its a wash

But whats the big deal over 6 lbs. anyway ?

I know I could stand to loose twice that and that would be free

Rich

Originally posted by therapture:

...they put me and mxaddict in charge of jumping on people I thought.

that's true, so here goes...

Originally posted by Ga426owner:

What the hell is wrong with the current design? Not a damn thing except some weight, starting issue & maybe another needed 24cc's.

LOL....is that all? Why shouldn't these guys want Yamaha to fix those issues? Do you have something against the bike being lighter, easier to start and faster or are you just highly sensitive and defensive?

Originally posted by Ga426owner:

Yamaha has a proven design that has much better (Tunable)suspension & ergo's for anyone over 5ft 4inches tall than Honda's.

I hope you were joking...that statement is ridiculous. I happen to be just slightly over 5'4", 5'20" to be exact(6'8" for those short on the math skills), and I am much more comfortable on the Honda in stock trim, mostly due to the unmovable solid top clamps on the Yamaha that have the bars in my lap. Both bikes can easily be made to fit a taller rider, and you won't find many taller than me. As far as suspension goes, that all depends on the individual rider and how closely the stock setup matches their size/ability.

Originally posted by Uncle Rich:

Model: 2003 CRF450R Dry Weight: 225.0 pounds

2002 YZ426F Specifications Dry Weight 231 lbs.

This is cut and paste from there web sites

I see 6 lbs. differance

So if the 2003 YZ450F drops 6 lbs. its a wash

Yes, but if you would actually check the running weight and stop reading meaningless ad copy you would know that the CRF hits the track at 234 and the YZF at 249...15 lbs. difference.

Originally posted by mxaddict:

Yes, but if you would actually check the running weight and stop reading meaningless ad copy you would know that the CRF hits the track at 234 and the YZF at 249...15 lbs. difference.

I agree! The YZF DOES weigh alot....does it matter to me much? Not really, I am too slow to care or notice! I did ride mxaddict's CRF at the track 2 weeks ago, and I got to tell you, I liked it. Alot. With stiffer suspension, it would be a "go-fast" machine for me...no doubt. The FMF Powerbomb system, and his tall rider setup (I am 5'16") fit me very nicely.

Both bikes can jam in capable hands, don't worry so much and go ride! :)