What year is my 426 ??

I have been wondering this since I bought my bike, it was made 11 00 but it has the Titanium valves you... know stamped on the head is it considered an 01 ? ..it has a squeaky Kinda grabby clutch as descibed in the clutch fix post's so is that an 00 prob? also is all that decell popping normal ??and are all the YZF's noisy on the top end ? at the SX I heard a Factory YZF it sounded just like mine. also what kind of Ams oil would be for the 426 ? Yamalube is HIGH!! does every body run 10w/50 ? thats what my local shop says ? I know I'm green to this stuff..Enlighten me :D

The 10th # is a Y the 12th & 13th #'s are 00 I thought the 01s had titanium Valves ??

If the 10th digit is a Y then it is a 2000. I had the exact same problem when I bought my bike. Thought I was buying a 2001 but later found out it was a 2000. I had the "grabby clutch" problem also. Do the update to the clutch. It works perfectly now. Cost was around $110 or so. Yes the 2001 had the titanium valves and the 2000 had Stainless Steel.

• 3 weeks later...