For street..man have I finally found the tires !! SWEET !!!

I've been chunking tires left & right, trying to find something worthy enough to ride on my XR650. Something street-wise. We all know that's a pain without having to go to 17"... I've got it.. Man (I just got off the road.. I don't want to get off!!!)

Dunlop finally said look.. Try this English tire... we think they make 18".. Avon..

I put a 90/90-21 Avon RoadRunner on the front, and a 120/90-18 Avon RoadRunner on the rear. I used new Metzler tubes in them.. (Tires are radials so I went with a tough tube for longetivity )HOLY CRAP !!!! The front tire is nice & sticky. The back has a firm grip, and they look hot,, My 650 doesn't look like.. well anything I've ever seen. I got 'em from mawonline. Tires,tubes,shipping, etc... was around $230.00 for all.. WELL, WELL worth it.. I've finally taken my PIG to a whole new level !!!! If you're in to street and don't want to go !7's.. Then I strongly and highly reccomend the roadrunners..

JaZz

(Off to ride again !!!!!!)

:)

:D

I have run them on my 1980 Triumph Bonneville and they are a nice street tire.

I've been looking for some tires that are like 60% street 40% offroad. Maybe something like the Avon Gripsters? http://www.accwhse.com/avon.htm. Got a newer knobby on the rear now which is slowly being worn flat... such a waste. :thumbsup: