HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hamish

Unrelated Topic - Gas turbine streetbike

9 posts in this topic

Thought u may find this intresting to say the least

Click here then click the 'superbike brochure' link.

Great, just great mate! Thanks a alot...

Just when I had talked myself out of an R1 for the sake of my licence and life, now you show me an even faster bike to want to have a ride of...

Yeah, cheers pal! Thanks A LOT! :):D :D :D

David

Yeah that sure is smooth,but did you know that you don`t need a turbine from a jet-ranger,you can get smaller one`s,and they will run on diesel too!,i have a friend who works on turbines and i asked him when i first saw this gig,can you get me one o those!,huh i`m still waiting :)(did you know they spin up to around 16000 rpm before they ignite!) :D

The coolest thing about that bike is the way it sounds! Imagine hearing that when one of those blows by you on the freeway. Very cool! :thumbsup::awww:

Great, just great mate! Thanks a alot...

Just when I had talked myself out of an R1 for the sake of my licence and life, now you show me an even faster bike to want to have a ride of...

Yeah, cheers pal! Thanks A LOT! :thumbsup::lol: :lol: :awww:

David

Bummer, you should have bought it. But if you have no self control, then I understand. :lol:

Let's see, the turbine sportbike has a power to weight ratio of 1.73 and the new '04 R1 has a ration of 2.3. Not bad for a motorcycle that costs less than $10k.

04R1RightPic1.jpg

Bummer, you should have bought it. But if you have no self control, then I understand. :lol:

I would not be buying an R1 and putt-putting to the shops and back for milk... :lol: I have ridden one, and as much as I liked it, I knew that I should not have one in my shed... :awww: a modded WR and a modded V8 car is enough adrenaline for me... an R1, or R6, for that matter would just be too much temptation, unless I was on a track with it... but I have no road racing tracks close enough... :lol: and too many idiots on the roads... :thumbsup:

David

if u r keen on the R1 check out the on board vid from a turbo r1 at www.fuelmedia.se Judging by the way it lifts the front wheel on the throttle from way over 100mph i'd say it's got 300+ HP.

Hamish

Fixed your link... :thumbsup: