Broken throttle slide plates/ aka direct METAL injection

XR Man, what model/year WR do you have? I trying to see if anyone with a gen 2 or 3 carb (2000 model year or newer) has had this problem.

2002 Wr 426

Mine is a 1998 WR 400 FK it had a lot of miles on it when I bought it, and I put a lot of miles on it myself. I take it to the dunes at Florence, OR 6 times a year, which is really hard on parts. My second plate only took a year to break, and I don't ride every weekend.

Hey did anyone here that got plates machined up have any spare they don't need? or does anyone know where i can buy them?

2 slides in 550k's (one ride) hurts :crazy:

i noticed that despite mentions of aftermarket made plates there is very little detail here?

i'm from the Uk and looking for a good, solid and best price answer to this age old problem.

BTW it's not the backfire, it's not the throttle stop removal it's vibration. you can hear your throttle valve clattering away at idle.

regards

Taffy

Stop fooling around with those POS stock FCR carbs and get an Edelbrock. Of course then you will have to find something to do with all the time you don't spend messing with jets - like go riding!

blah blah blah!!!!

so anyone know the best deal on a slide?

regards

Taffy

I still have a few machined plates left, and I'm willing to have more made, if any one is interested. They work great. I sold a few to a TT member last month, and heard no complaints. I ran one of my plates for over a year. I took it out to check for wear or defects. It looks very nice. There is only normal wear at the points where it touches the carb casting. These plates are a great answer to the breakage problem. The Edelbrock carbs are sweet, but cost an arm, leg and left goody. I also don't know if you need to buy different cables or air boots to make them fit. Here is the link to some photos.

http://www.photolava.com/code/9j1g,9j1h,9j1i,9j1j,9j1k,9j1l.html

just ordered new...

cheers

taffy

I still have a few machined plates left, and I'm willing to have more made, if any one is interested. They work great. I sold a few to a TT member last month, and heard no complaints. I ran one of my plates for over a year. I took it out to check for wear or defects. It looks very nice. There is only normal wear at the points where it touches the carb casting. These plates are a great answer to the breakage problem. The Edelbrock carbs are sweet, but cost an arm, leg and left goody. I also don't know if you need to buy different cables or air boots to make them fit. Here is the link to some photos.

http://www.photolava.com/code/9j1g,9j1h,9j1i,9j1j,9j1k,9j1l.html

So how much will you charge for a gen 1 FCR carb slider?

I can't believe Taffy's posting again. It's like the good old days.

so does anybody have cnc'd slider up for sale ?

To update anybody looking for a stronger plate for there frc carb, I have sold more than 50 of them in the last few years with great success. I haven't had one break. I am looking for a used M model plate to replicate in my stronger design. Please let me know if you have one, or have the ability to measure things accurately and want to share.

To update anybody looking for a stronger plate for there frc carb, I have sold more than 50 of them in the last few years with great success. I haven't had one break. I am looking for a used M model plate to replicate in my stronger design. Please let me know if you have one, or have the ability to measure things accurately and want to share.

hey, im looking for one of these plates for my 98 wr400f, tired of replacing these things after 3 rides. The plate is stamped ``L``.

how much do you charge and do you ship to canada

anybody have a carb slide for 98 wr400 i dont want a stock one would like somthing somone has had made and been tested i know someone on hear sells them my email is rowellcory@yahoo.com someone said they have sold 50 of them without any breaks how much money

If you need a plate message me, or buy one from me on Ebay.  I have both the M and the L plates now.  I have sold well over 100.  No complaints or returns, just happy customers.