HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simch

wr450 - 2003 and 2004 visual differences

9 posts in this topic

I m after a wr450, and want a 2004 model, road registered here in the UK. I have seen a photo of one fr sale, as a 2004 but am not sure if this is a 2003 model registered in 2004, or a proper 2004 model.

It is standard, how do I tell them apart? Is there a difference on the decals, or colours of the forks etc??

Any help greatly appreciated

Are they like real gold gold colour, or like a goldy silver colour? Might sound odd, but the 2003 ones are like a sort of off silver (gold tinted) silver colour aren't they?

Are the bars DEFINATELY Gold too?

Cheers

'04 has an aluminum kickstand that tucks up along the subframe and the '03 has a steel one that sits lower.

I think the header pipe is the easiest distinction. The '04 has a single head pipe and the '03 has a double headpipe(2 into 1).

I m after a wr450, and want a 2004 model, road registered here in the UK. I have seen a photo of one fr sale, as a 2004 but am not sure if this is a 2003 model registered in 2004, or a proper 2004 model.

It is standard, how do I tell them apart? Is there a difference on the decals, or colours of the forks etc??

Any help greatly appreciated

As for the Frame Number It should be some thing like JYACJ04W54A------- the dashs are numbers.

Also Check model number 5TJ6-040 under seat.

this is for a 04 UK spec bike it might be a Grey import !

Uk bikes eat the strangled U.S. imports. :)

cheers guys. as suspected it was a 2003 model, but only 65 miles on it so was mint. mmmmm what to do. lookin at a new 2004 now for a guide, but its £1200 more than the 65 mile 2003!