4 speed tranny,like or dislike?

Thankyou Hick, for answering my question. As for the 4 speed freeks, I dont care how many gears the bike has, 3,4,5, or a 12 speed roadranger. Before I spend 5000 big ones on a bike, Id just like to have an idea of how it might work in the conditions I ride in. Yes, the bike is designed for mx, but so is my yz426, and it is awesome in the woods. :thumbsup:

AMEN to the yz426 being excellent in the woods. Living in Colorado...95% of my riding is single track at 8000+ft. The bike has excellent power at ANY rpm. There are only a couple reasons why people up here ride smaller bikes...they may be a smaller person, or they have a smaller wallet. Otherwise the YZ/WR400/426/450, CR450, and EXC525 are the best bikes for up here.

hmm im gonna call b/s on the wr being slower, my wr250f with a 54t rear sprocket is faster than my yz450 top speed. i gps'ed it at 85, so i assume the yz is around 80 ish top speed. im sure the wr450 has even more in it.

hmm im gonna call b/s on the wr being slower, my wr250f with a 54t rear sprocket is faster than my yz450 top speed. i gps'ed it at 85, so i assume the yz is around 80 ish top speed. im sure the wr450 has even more in it.

I GPS'd my 03 WR450 at 90.1 I have heard of a few guys getting a few more MPH's out of the WR's but thats about it.

No doubt that Yamaha made a great MX bike it the YZ450 but it's not as versitile (as usful in as many different situations) as the YZ426's were. The enduros in my neck of the woods a few years ago were KTM and Yamaha mostly. Since Yamaha went to the 4 speed now it's KTM and Honda mostly. A large number of of off road racers want a MX bike that they can convert over, they don't want a WR, so now they are buying more Hondas than Yamahas. For this reason my next bike will probably be red.