WR "On-Road"

Hey guys.

I'm planning on buying a WR 426 and I was wondering how this bike is on asphalt. We don't have that many dirt-trails where I live and I have at least 25 miles of open road to get "into the deep woods". Im also planning on taking the bike to work. I've heard that driving on asphalt isn't good, at least for 2-stroke mx bikes.

//Raven - "Soon-to-be Wr-owner"

Raven I am an owner of a 2001 WR426. The nly problum I found was when you lean the bike it tends to slide alittle. Not much to wash the bike out. But you can feel it.

Dennis

Hi,

I use my WR on the road almost every day.

the only pitfalls are the obvious ones.....

Tyres don't last long.... and you get blown around by the wind if your on a motorway.

Also, the part throttle hesitation that 2001 WR's seem to suffer from at constant speeds can get on your tits, if you don't get it sorted.

But... it is excellent for overtaking ?

Del

Originally posted by Raven:

Thanks everybody.

Then the only thing left is to find a bike for sale. Not to many here in northern Sweden... =(

Maybe i'll wait for the 2002 wr426 =)

Hey, a fellow swedish at thumpertalk!! Welcome!

Do you know that the WR can be street legal in sweden from this year? With that I mean not only Enduro legal but street legal. Yamaha sells the necessary things (new lights, indicators, speedo etc.) and writes a certificate. The only drawback is that it is very expensive, about 6000 Skr. You can do this with all WRs (-98 -01).

Magnus

Yamaha WR400F '99

Honda CBR600F '98

Aprilia RS250 '99

Yes I know the bike can be made streetlegal here in Sweden. I talked to "Desert Dealer Norrland" and they said that if you buy a WR there they could fit it with the street stuff so you have it street-legal from the first trip. I haven't got any price from them yet though. Maybe you know what the price is for a brand new 426...?

No, I don't know how much a WR 426 would cost at Desert Dealer. A year ago a WR 400 costed about 53' Skr at Desert Dealer, if that helps you. I think DD Norrland takes little more than the original DD due to the longer distance.

------------------

Yamaha WR400F '99

Honda CBR600F '98

Aprilia RS250 '99