Triple clamp handguard mounts

Where can I get them? I'm tired of the bar-mounted clamps on my Rally Pro's twisting and bending my handguards. I checked Cycra's web site, but they only sell them as part of a handguard kit, I just need the aluminum piece that bolts to the upper clamp and the handguard.

I have the GYT-r ones and I love em ? (mated w/GYT alum. woods guards)

EDIT: purpose in saying this was in case your local dealer gives you the hookup on GYT stuff (cheaper then the cycra's in my case)

Be careful with the bolts on the triple mount ones. I was mounting my Cycra ones tonight and stripped the triple clamp ?

The bolts are not very long and when you put the mount on there, there isn't much thread left. I recommend getting longer bolts when you do the mount.

One other item that someone mentioned to me, was using a shoulder bolt to mount the guard to the mount on the triple. The reason being that once you mount the guard solid to the triple, you lose any flex you might have in the bars (especially true with fat bars).

Joe

One other item that someone mentioned to me, was using a shoulder bolt to mount the guard to the mount on the triple. The reason being that once you mount the guard solid to the triple, you lose any flex you might have in the bars (especially true with fat bars).

Joe

Hmm... never thought of that. Maybe I'll try tweaking my handguards back one more time and giving it a shot. My brake side guard is twisted and my brake line rubs on it, so I want to get things straightened back out. I run Pro Taper bars, I wonder if this would cause me more headaches than it's worth?

I rode today and couldn't tell a difference with flex. No jumps, just trails, but none-the-less, no major difference. The one thing that I did run into, I have to run my front brake lever angle more downward then I usually do. The brake line runs right behind the mount and you can only roll the lever up so far. I think with a little more tweaking, they will work just fine. There is no doubt that its a clean mount though.

Check on ebay, there is a set of GYRT mounts (and they include longer bolts! ? ) I think I did a search for Yamaha Triple (looking for clamps).

Joe

No, not really. I do however notice that the triple clamp mounts are MUCH better than those piece of crap mounts that cycra gives you. Those things are junk!!!! You can actually take off your bar clamp and your bars will stay in place with the triple clamp mounts in place ?

It's very nice. Definitely money well spent after spending a few miles having my bark buster hang down, impair steering and generally get in the way because the bar clamp bolt stripped out. That's when I KNEW that I had to get the triple clamp mounts. ?