Knee braces that don't go down in the boots?

Hey Mark,

If it makes you feel any better, I e-mailed Donjoy and asked where a local dealer would be so I can check them out :)

BTW The first time around, my insurance paid $500 for my CTI (1989 I believe) In 1992 I had different insurance, and the bill was $1100 ( to them)for my second CTI. different insurance companies, different pricing... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have 19 and a 1/2" calves and i cannot sacrifice more room in my boots for knee braces (which i need! :) )

im on the last clicker of my extended tech 8 calf strap and when i have my pants in my boots for racing, i can just barely get the velcro to touch on the top. i really could use some knee braces, does ANYONE have an idea on which type of knee braces wont go down into my boot? once again lol, i REALLY need knee braces but i guess ill have to live without them if no one makes braces that stay above the boot :D

I don't see how they could make an effective brace without it going down that far. Instead of that, why not contact Thor/Alpine star and see if they possibly have longer straps or ask them if they make boots for people with large calves. If not I would check around for other boot manufacturers of the same quality.

do the donjoy armors slide down at all?

well mine dont , they seem to sit ontop of the calf muscle.

i really hope they dont slide down, ive never had any kind of knee protection that stays in place with my huge a** legs. :)

order the air condyl pads with the brace,,, id be amazed if they slide down your legs when you are riding

is that knee/shin guard all one piece or can i just use the knee pad and not the shin pad or is it one piece?

maybe i can cut it if its one and just use the knee pad

is that knee/shin guard all one piece or can i just use the knee pad and not the shin pad or is it one piece?

maybe i can cut it if its one and just use the knee pad

--------------------

its all one piece and yes you could easily cut the shin pad off, its two seperate guards hinged with what looks like padded neoprene

but to be honest i dont think you would need to cut them off. they are very low profile much better fit then fox shin guards.

that bottom part of the brace will probably end up in my boot so i dont think i would want more things in my boot such as a shin guard

one more thing, does that top behind the thigh strap fold down or move at all? i always have problems with things that attach to my leg folding down and ending up behind my my knee because of my fat thighs :)

i dont think im like anyone, lol! 5'11" 285 :)

maybe i should go out and run so some things will fit me :D

ill let all the big dudes know how they feel/fit/comfort when i get em.

thanx for the help!

Originally posted by thumper4life:

i dont think im like anyone, lol! 5'11" 285 :)

maybe i should go out and run so some things will fit me :D

ill let all the big dudes know how they feel/fit/comfort when i get em.

thanx for the help!

I hate to admit it but 5'9" 290 to 310 range. I go really fast for short periods of time.

20" calves, 27" thigh 6 " above kneecap. Thats why I use the neoprene ones, the funnel shape of my legs does not work with any off the shelf braces.

[ May 24, 2002: Message edited by: YZ400Court ]

well i have a 31" thigh so i dont think that neoprene would work for me at the top, it'd be a struggle to get it on :)

the strap hinges rotate a little so you can do the strap up and it will settle into the best place on your thigh.

all i can say is ive simply had not one single problem or complaint about comfort.

when you get em let me know how they feel,,,if your anything like me, id be willing to bet money they will fit into boot no promblems