Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fastenuf4u

Hot-Start relocation after Magura Install?

8 posts in this topic

I am planning on getting a Magura Hydro Clutch kit soon but was wondering where and how I could relocate the hot-start lever? I would prefer not to spend another $50 on the Dr. D hot-start relocation kit but I don't know of another option. Thanks for any help.

You can use the little lever on the magura it's on top.The 426's have one for the decompression.Im sure you can use that for the hot start!!

You can use the little lever on the magura it's on top.The 426's have one for the decompression.Im sure you can use that for the hot start!!

Neat idea with the hot start, but I don't think it will work. At least not without a special cable. You would need a cable with the hot start plunger attached to one side. Neat idea though! :)

vchssrider,

I found out from someone else with a 450 that the Magura kit comes with a lever for the hot-start built in like you said. I can't wait to get it and try it out! Thanks for the info.

Absolutely the magura decomp lever works with the hot start cable. :)

You have to already have a hot-start cable right? I'm thinking in the case of the 426 which has the carb mounted hot start.

do you guys know if the 450 hot start lever that's attached to the top of the clutch perch would work as a 426 decomp lever with the stock decomp cable?