HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thumperdan10

what kind of spark plug?

14 posts in this topic

Hey TT's I was just curious , do you guys usaually get your spark plugs from the dealers or you get them from the auto stores? also does anyone have a idea on the best plug of all to use ? thanks everyone !!!!!!!!!

I use the stock NGK CR8E in my 2001 426. Available at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $3. Their part #1273.

Steve T

I haven't checked the parts stores, but I've been using the stock CR8E plug too. $6 at the bike parts store (I'm gonna check the auto parts store next to see if they're less!!).

I work for advance auto part time while going to college, cr8e is 3 dollers, cr7e is less than 2 dollers, much cheaper than the local shops. ngk part number is 1275 for the cr8e, or you can cross it over to an autolite , they are just over 1 doller and I could tell no difference between the two, it's part number is 4303 if your interested.

98 yz400

I use the stock NGK CR8E in my 2001 426. Available at O'Reilly Auto Parts for $3. Their part #1273.

Oops. Part #1275

Thanks guys for the great feed back , that really helped me alot . and thanks for the part number too that will sure make it easy . Thanks again......

Or you can do what a lot of folks on the WR bulletin board do.....soak your plugs in Oven Cleaner for a few days....they say they work perfect after this.......I have not tried this. I guess, I am not that cheap. :)

By the way, NGK makes a dual electrode spark plug used in some of Yamaha 's higher performance street bikes.

The result will be a plug that last longer, produces a tiny amount more horsepower , and is a lot less likely to foul. A tad more, but worth it.

These plugs can be had by adding a "K" at the end of the plug number. For example, in my 00 426 I run a CR9EK.

DaveJ