HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamie_rider

#%#@ Jetting

5 posts in this topic

Any engine that is run above sea level will run progressively richer the higher you get. Therefore, you'll have to lean off the jetting to compensate. If you have a yamaha WR and it has stock jetting & airbox lid on, you'll find it'll run rich stock at sea level. Try one size down on the main jet for a start & lean off your airscrew by quarter to half a turn. At very high altitutes you might have to alter your needle-clip position (drop one position) and maybe even go to a leaner pilot (slow) jet). Trial and error will be the order of the day. Good luck!! :):D

You can get information but, need to supply information. What mods have you done to the bike? Are you having problems now? What are they?

The jetting in my signature is a good place to start for a bike with the mods listed.

Bill

The come rich. That would work in the cold when they run lean. Warmer or higher when the run rich (on top of coming from the factory rich) it is too rich. Go less gas everywhere (smaller pilot, lower needle, smaller main).

Good luck,

mwc

Originally posted by Bill:

You can get information but, need to supply information. What mods have you done to the bike? Are you having problems now? What are they?

The jetting in my signature is a good place to start for a bike with the mods listed.

Bill

I'm not running any mods yet.

The bike bogs when you gun it and backfires when you let off the throttle.

I rod the bike all through the winter an it ran and started great. But now its warmer out

(20 c) it runs like crap and is way harder to start.